For over 30 years, we have been providing health care services to the local community on the Lower South Coast, as well as the inland regions of Kwa-Zulu Natal and the Eastern Cape.
Hibiscus Hospital Cato Ridge opened in 2020 and serves the Cato Ridge Cato and the surrounding catchment areas of Pietermaritzburg, Hammarsdale etc.
What started off as a small day clinic over 30 years ago in 1989, has developed into Hibiscus Hospital Port Shepstone, a state-of-the-art private hospital facility in Port Shepstone. With several growth phases since 2003, and a large expansion in 2015 to include a second floor for our administration offices, we have grown the hospital into the modern facility it is today.
In April 2020, The Hibiscus Hospital Group opened a further facility, Hibiscus Hospital Cato Ridge, which is situated 400 metres from the Cato Ridge off-ramp of the Durban and Pietermaritzburgh National N3 route.
The modern theatres at all our Hibiscus Hospitals are comprehensively equipped, allowing us to perform most types of surgical procedures at our facilities.
We are constantly striving towards providing not only good, but an outstanding level of health services to the regions individuals, families, institutions, and industries of the KwaZulu Natal, and its surrounding and inland regions. With the addition of our Cato Ridge facility, we not only serve the Lower South Coast, inland regions of KZN and the Eastern Cape, but now also Cato Ridge, Hammarsdale, Hillcrest, Bothashill, Inchanga and Upper Highway areas.
The Hibiscus Hospital Group not only provides a high standard of medical care, but continually strives to maintain a hygienic, patient focused and friendly hospital environment, including quality meals and superior service.
Patient satisfaction is key for us and we encourage our patients to provide us feedback on our service by completing our Patient Satisfaction Survey.
Our Vision, Mission & Core Values
Our Vision StatementTo be the hospitals of first choice for everyone.
Our Mission StatementTo provide everyone with an efficient twenty-four hour medical facilities which embraces in every respect international best practice norms.
- To be recognised as the best hospital group on the KwaZulu Natal Coast and its surrounding and inland regions.
- To employ well trained, dedicated and professional staff, who are passionate about their work.
- To continually invest in the up-skilling of staff and upgrading of infrastructure, to ensure our facilities remain the hospitals of first choice.
- To establish and maintain a brand associated with inclusive excellent patient care.
- To establish and maintain both professional and beneficial relationships with all stakeholders.
- To recognise and develop direct and indirect healthcare opportunities that will benefit everyone associated with our hospitals.
Our Core Values
- Respect and Empathy
- Ethical, corporate and clinical governance
Our Patient Charter and Rights
- To provide everyone with accessible, healthy and clinically safe facilities catering for everything from simple procedures to extreme emergencies.
- To provide our patients with accurate information regarding their condition and treatment, so as to enable the patient to participate in and make informed decisions.
- To fiercely honour patient confidentiality and privacy;
- To treat not only our patients, but every person, with empathy, courtesy, respect and consideration
Our Leadership Team
Our strong and diverse leadership teams are made up of dedicated, focused and experienced Executives and Doctors. The team, working hand in hand with each other, together with its employees, allows for their combined knowledge and experience to come together, making a difference to all our stakeholders, patients, Doctors, employees, investors and communities.
Our strength and endurance can be attributed to the consistent approach we take in managing our hospital group and to the character of our people.